the error "The signed-in user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specific action. Contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM administrator to review the security permissions for this user. " says : the User-level read permissions error ..
Is your Microsoft Dynamics CRM security role missing user-level Read permissions for the User Entity UI Settings privilege? If necessary, work with your system administrator to follow this procedure.
To determine whether your security role has sufficient privileges, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Microsoft Dynamics CRM organization by using Internet Explorer.
- Click Settings, click Administration, and then click Users.
- Open your user record by double-clicking it.
- Under Common, click Security Roles, and then open your assigned security role by double-clicking it.
- Click the Core Records tab.
- Confirm that the Read permission for User Entity UI Settings is set to the User level (a yellow circle with a wedge-shaped segment). Note
If you have multiple security roles assigned, confirm that at least one assigned role has the User Entity UI Settings privilege set to the User level.
If your security role is missing this permission, ask your system administrator to change this setting.